Return Policy, Exchanges and Order Cancellations
■ Return and Exchange Policy
- Hata Bunshidou ONLY accepts the return and exchange of defective product(s) or product(s) with the package UNOPENED.
- Hata Bunshidou will NOT accept the return and exchange of any used product(s) or any with the package opened. Any damage resulting from improper use or lack of maintenance will not be accepted.
- Hata Bunshindou will NOT accept the return or exchange, regardless of the reason, of any made-to-order product(s), special orders, those with an engraved shaft, or any resized product(s).
■ Shipping Costs for Exchange/Return of Product
Product with a defect or damage
- To ensure the highest possible quality, we fully inspect each product before shipping. If any product is found to be defective, please contact us within seven days of the receipt of the product (the receipt date can be confirmed through the delivery record of the shipping company). If the damage is caused due to shipping, please contact us immediately upon receipt.
- Minor chipping of lacquer found at the joint of a shaft and a shaft-end accessary (bikotsu) is not regarded as a product defect.
- Special caution needs to be paid for potential allergic reaction to materials used for a brush. If the purchaser or the user of Hata Bunshindou’s product shows any allergic symptom apparently caused by the wild animal hair used for the brush or coating used for a shaft, including Japanese lacquer, it is not regarded as a product defect. Hata Bunshindou will not be held liable for any health problem caused on the part of the purchaser or the user. If the purchaser wishes to return the product, the shipping cost will be borne by Hata Bunshindou.
Return of unopened product
Please contact us within seven days of the receipt of the product. (the receipt date can be confirmed through the delivery record of the shipping company). Shipping costs and handling charges for the return of product should be borne by the purchaser.
■ Order Cancellation
- At Hata Bunshindou, we try to process orders from customers as soon as possible. Typically, we ship ordered products within three days of the order placement. We will accept order cancellation before shipment, but will not take any cancellation after shipment.
■ Decline of Product
- As a general rule, you cannot decline the receipt of products that have been delivered.
- A declined delivery will be returned to us after the delivery company’s retention period has expired.You will be responsible for all shipping costs related to the product return.
- If you want the declined products to be resent to you, there will be extra shipping costs in addition to those for the product return.
- You are responsible for the round-trip shipping costs in case of a product return or cancellation.
Please note that any costs that arise at the receipt of a product, such as customs duty or VAT, should be borne by the purchaser.